IBS or SIBO ?
- IBS is the common gastro-intestinal diagnosis and affects 20% of Canadians
- Symptoms include: gas, bloating, altered bowel movements, pain, diarrhea and/or constipation
- But did you know that symptoms of IBS are very similar to those experienced by individuals with small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- In fact, studies show that up to 50% of patients who eradicated bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine no longer met the Rome criteria for IBS!
- SIBO is diagnosed by a specialized breath test called a lactulose or glucose breath test. If you’ve been diagnosed with IBS or experiencing symptoms related to it – ask your Naturopathic Doctor if SIBO testing is right for you
- If you have any questions or you would like to know more – book your free 15 min. consultation to discuss how naturopathic medicine can help address your specific health goals click here to book